In this article, you will get to know one of the best singers Japanese women of all time, but who unfortunately died very early, at the height of his 44 years of age.
Miki Matsubara became world-renowned for the hit “Stay with me” (stay with me, in free translation). This song, in turn, established itself as one of the classics of japanese pop music (JPOP), being heard by subjects of numerous nationalities, including Brazilians.
Recently, with the popularization of TikTok's "Stay With Me" was once again heard by thousands of people around the globe, helping to further boost the song's popularity.
Click here and see a complete list of Japanese songs with translated lyrics!
Natural from Osaka, more specifically from Kishiwada, was born in November 1959 and had contact with music from an early age, mainly due to the influence of his mother, who had already participated in jazz performances. Thus, from the beginning of the 70's, still a child, Miki starts to develop his first original songs.
But it was “Stay With Me” (mayonaka no door), as we said earlier, that was mainly responsible for promoting the singer's success. At the YouTube, the song currently has an incredible 77 million views on a single video. Check it out below:
career and discography
Singer of great talent, beauty, remarkable personality, characteristic look (dark clothes), and beautiful voice, currently has fans all over the world.
But, especially in the early 1980s, Miki Matsubara remained extremely active composing and singing for Japanese audiences.
Between 1979 and 1985, he developed around 14 singles and 9 (studio) albums. During the late 80's and early 90's Miki continued to be very successful in Japan, with outstanding musical performances, as we can see in the video below:
Below is his discography:
- [January 21, 1980] POCKET PARK
- [September 21, 1980] Who are you?
- [April 21, 1981] -Cupid-
- [March 21, 1982] Myself
- [December 5, 1982] Aya (彩)
- [September 21, 1983] REVUE
- [May 21, 1984] Cool Cut
- [June 21, 1985] LADY BOUNCE
- [May 21, 1988] WinK
- [October 21, 1984] BLUE EYES
- [November 5, 1979] Mayonaka no Door ~Stay With Me (真夜中のドア～Stay With Me)
- [December 5, 1979] Ai wa Energy (愛はエネルギー)
- [April 21, 1980] Hello Today (ハロー・トゥデイ～Hello Today)
- [September 5, 1980] Aitsu no Brown Shoes (あいつのブラウンシューズ)
- [February 5, 1981] Neat na Gogo Sanji (ニートな午後3時)
- [July 5, 1981] Shiawase ni Bonsoir/ Bonsoir L'amour (倖せにボンソワール Bonsoir L'amour)
- [December 5, 1981] Jazzy Night
- [February 21, 1982] SEE-SAW LOVE
- [September 21, 1982] Yogen (予言)
- [April 25, 1983] Paradise Beach (Sophie no Theme) (Paradise Beach（ソフィーのテーマ）)
- [September 21, 1983] Sweet Surrender (Sweet サレンダー)
- [May 21, 1984] Knock, Knock, My Heart
- [June 21, 1985] Koisuru Season ~Irokoi koi~ (恋するセゾン ～色恋来い～)
- [February 21, 1987] SAFARI EYES (サファリアイズ SAFARI EYES)
- [May 21, 1988] IN THE ROOM
- [January 21, 1991] THE WINNER
STAY WITH ME – Lyrics in Japanese
ROMAJI (LATIN ALPHABET) To you Yes, my love To you Yes, my love To you, you To you Watashi wa watashi anata wa anata to yuube itteta sonna ki mo suru wa Gray no jaketto ni mioboe ga aru koohii no shimi aikawarazu na no ne shoouindou ni futari utsureba Stay with me mayonakano donates tataki kaeranaide to naita ano kisetsu ga ima me no mae nidome no fuyu ga kite hanareteitta anata no kokoro furikaereba itsumo soko ni anata wo kanjiteita no Stay with me mayonakano donates the tataki Kokoro ni ana ga aita ano kisetsu ga ima me no mae Stay with me samishisa magirawashite oita record no hari onaji melody kurikaeshiteita Stay with me mayonakano donates tataki kaeranaide to naita ano kisetsu ga ima me no mae Stay with me kuchiguse o iinagara futari no toki o daite mada wasurezu atatameteta Stay with me mayonakano donates tataki kaeranaide to naita ano kisetsu ga ima me n o mae Stay with me kuchiguse o iinagara futari no toki o daite mada wasurezu atatameteta Stay with me mayonakano donates o tataki kaeranaide to naita ano kisetsu ga ima me no mae Stay with me
JAPANESE (ORIGINAL LYRICS) To You… Yes My Love To You Yes My Love To You You… To You ... 私 は 私 は 貴方 て て た 気 も する ジャケット に 見 覚え ある コ の の 相変らず な の の の の の の の の な な な な な のね ショ ショ に 二 人 ば stay with me… 真夜 の ドア を 帰ら ない で 季節 季節 が の の 前 前 前 口ぐせ 二 瞬間 を て まだ ず 事 事 事 大 事 事 事 事 事 事 事 事 事 事 大 大 大 大 事 事 事 事 事 事に し て た 恋 と と は 違う 違う だ と 昨夜 言わ そんな 気 わ 二 度 の 冬 が 離れ た の ふり返れ ば そこ 貴方 を 感じ の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の の のMe… 真夜 の ドア を たたき に 穴 が あい た あの が 目 の 前 前 淋しさまぎらわし 置い レコ レコ レコ の メロディ い た た た た た た 真夜 の を で と と と と と と と と と と と と と と と と と と と と と と と と と泣いたあの季節が 今 目の前 stay with me…口ぐせを言いながら 二人の瞬間を抱いてまだ忘れず 暖めてた
Due to cancer (of the cervix), publicized in the media in 2001, Miki died three years later, at just 44 years of age, in 2004.
And there? Did you like the article? Like, comment and share on social media!