In today's article I'm going to talk about what I do to deepen my study of Japanese. I personally have a hard time studying, I'm a big procrastinator. I can't take the time to read and study the way I want to, so the best way for me to do that without feeling bored is to write for the site. This raises some questions:
- What are the benefits of studying Japanese by writing articles?
- What content to study and write?
- What is the correct way to generate content and study at the same time?
- How can I be sure what I'm writing is right?
The main purpose of this article is to encourage you Japanese students to collaborate with the site and at the same time increase your progress in studying Japanese. That's why I invite you to be part of this family and help you study Japanese by researching and writing articles that can help other people learn Japanese at the same time.
When you finish reading this article, you will know in detail how to create your own study material and so we encourage you to send the content generated by you to our website through the page Submit Article. So we can increasingly generate and share content with the public.
What content to study and write?
Suki Desu encourages people to study in a free way, just absorbing content and texts. Below is a list of things that we encourage you to study and that we are also working on for our members area.
- Study songs;
- Study Manga;
- Study anime;
- Study texts;
- Study poems;
- Study Kanji;
- Study games;
Virtually any material or media can be used to learn Japanese, even signs, messages and labels. To conduct this study, we encourage people to examine every sentence and word of the content they want to study. You can just take a notepad or word document, write the sentences and below them put the Japanese word, the reading and the detailed meaning, at the same time you do that you are generating sentences for Anki.
How to generate content and make sure it's right?
We have already mentioned that to generate content and study at the same time, we encourage you to study sentences from texts or manga. A great example of how to create content is the Japanese songs that we have broken down on our website. See an example of a phrase studied in the article Translating songs – Oto No Naru Hou – Goose House.
Demo mou henki hitori by wa seouwanaide iinda yo
But that's okay, you don't have to bear it alone
- でも - but however
- もう – interjection used to strengthen the expression of an emotion
- 平気 - all right, calm, calm, carefree
- ひとり - alone, one person
- 背負う – burden, assume, responsibility, carry, be ahead
- 背負わない - negative
This is how the sentence structure of the material studied should be. Now how do you discover the meaning of each word and fully understand the meaning of the sentence? First of all, you shouldn't just use a dictionary or translation tool. When translating and finding out the meaning of each word I check in several places which I will list below:
- I look up the word in Jisho. (English website);
- I google the word;
- I translate using Google Translate;
- I study its use in other sentences to understand the meaning;
- I translate the English translation of the Japanese word into Portuguese;
Most words you can only find the meaning of on English websites. This is not a problem, as you can use Google Translate to translate the page, just be careful not to fall for these automatic translators' pranks, that's why we check the meaning of several different websites and even research the meaning of the translation of the English to certify the real meaning of the word. (In the VIP area of our website we teach you step by step how to research and do this.
If you just google the word to get a translation, you're sure to get some mistake, but if you search in multiple sources, see forum discussions of meaning, usage examples, you're unlikely to end up making a mistake. As you do this, you are studying and memorizing that word in your mind without forcing it.
Benefits of studying creating content
There are numerous benefits of studying translating texts and generating content. I will list some below:
- By translating and generating study content, you can share and help others learn and study Japanese;
- By translating and searching in detail the meaning of words on google you improve your research skills, help with memorization and end up learning even a little English;
- Studying by translating texts and music is a perfect way to end procrastination, study in a fun way without feeling bored;
- Studying phrases is the best way to learn and memorize any language. It is usually 10x more effective than trying to memorize vocabulary tables or fill in gaps on a sheet of paper;
- As you spend time studying each phrase and word, you also learn the grammar of the Japanese language;
- By studying sentences without worrying about writing, you end up memorizing several Kanji without even realizing it;
By studying and submitting your study content to our site, you are contributing heavily to the creation of the site's content. Don't waste your time, study, write, translate, search and send to our team, we will review, publish and even improve. Remember that you don't have to limit yourself to this way of studying, you can write anything related to the Japanese language or about Japan and send it to our website. xD