In today's article I’m going to talk about what I do to go deeper into studying Japanese. I personally have a great difficulty in studies, I am a great procrastinator. I can't take the time to read and study the way I want, so the best way for me to do this without feeling bored is to write for the site. This ends up generating some doubts:
- What are the benefits of studying Japanese by writing articles?
- What content to study and write?
- What is the correct way to generate content and study at the same time?
- How can I be sure that what I'm writing is right?
The main objective of this article is to provide an incentive for you Japanese students to collaborate with the website and at the same time increase the progress in studying Japanese. So I invite you to be part of this family and help you study Japanese by researching and writing articles that at the same time can help other people learn Japanese.
When you finish reading this article, you will know in detail how to prepare your own study material and so we encourage you to send the content generated by you to our website through the page Submit Article. So we can increasingly generate and share content with the public.
What content to study and write?
Suki Desu encourages people to study freely, just absorbing content and texts. Below is a list of things that we encourage you to study and that we are also working on for our members area.
- Study music;
- Study sleeves;
- Studying animes;
- Studying texts;
- Studying poems;
- Studying Kanji;
- Studying games;
Virtually any material or medium can be used to learn Japanese, even signs, messages and labels. To conduct this study, we encourage people to examine each sentence and word of the content they wish to study. You can simply take a notepad or word document, write the sentences and below them put the word in Japanese, the reading and the detailed meaning, at the same time that you do this you are generating sentences for Anki.
How to generate content and make sure it's right?
We have already mentioned that in order to generate content and study at the same time, we encourage studying text phrases or manga. A great example of how to create content is the Japanese music that we break up on our website. See an example of a sentence studied in the article Translating songs - Oto No Naru Hou - Goose House.
Demo mou henki hitori de wa seouwanaide iinda yo
But okay, you don't have to endure it alone
- でも - but however
- もう - interjection used to strengthen the expression of an emotion
- 平気 - all right, peaceful, calm, carefree
- ひとり - alone, one person
- 背負う - overloading, taking responsibility, carrying, being ahead
- 背負わない - negative
So it must be the sentence structure of the studied material. Now how do you find out the meaning of each word and fully understand the meaning of the sentence? First of all, you should not just use a dictionary or translation tool. When translating and discovering the meaning of each word I check in several places that I will list below:
- I research the word on Jisho. (English website);
- I search the word on google;
- I translate using Google Translate;
- I study the use of it in other sentences to understand the meaning;
- I translate into English the English translation of the Japanese word;
Most of the words you can only find the meaning of websites in English. This is not a problem, since you can use Google Translate to translate the page, just be careful not to fall into the pranks of these automatic translators, that's why we checked the meaning of several different sites and even researched the meaning of the translation of English to certify the real meaning of the word. (In the VIP area of our website we teach you step by step how to research and do this.
If you just play the word on google to get a translation, you will surely have an error, but if you search through several sources, see discussions of the meaning in forums, examples of use, it is very unlikely that you will end up making a mistake. At the same time that you do this, you are studying and memorizing that word in your mind without forcing it.
Benefits of studying creating content
There are countless benefits of studying translating texts and generating content. I will list some below:
- By translating and generating study content, you can share and help others learn and study Japanese;
- By translating and searching in detail the meaning of words on google, you improve your search skills, help with memorization and end up learning even a little English;
- Studying translating texts and music is a perfect way to end procrastination, studying in a fun way without feeling bored;
- Studying phrases is the best way to learn and memorize any language. It is usually 10x more effective than trying to decorate vocabulary tables or filling in gaps on a sheet;
- As you spend time studying each sentence and word, you also learn Japanese grammar;
- When studying phrases without worrying about writing, you end up memorizing several Kanji without even realizing it;
By studying and submitting your study content to our website, you are collaborating strongly in the creation of website content. Do not waste your time, study, write, translate, search and send to our team, we will review, publish and even improve. Remember that you don't have to limit yourself to this way of studying, you can write anything related to the Japanese language or about Japan and send it to our website. xD