In this article we will study the kanji 会 and know some words and verbs where it is used. This kanji means "Find and Gather", several words related to groups and societies often use this kanji.
Kanji 会 is the 4th most used in newspapers in Japan. It is considered an N4 kanji in JLPT. More than 1000 words have this Kanji.
- Kun yomi: あ.う、 あ.わせる、 あつ.まる
- On yomi: カイ、 エ
- In Names: あい、 い
- Radical: 人
- traits: 6
This kanji is easy to memorize, it has few readings, most words that contain 会 are pronounced “kai”.
We must be careful not to confuse the kanji 会 with the kanji 合, they are very similar, and have the same readings and some verbs and words with similar meanings.
Índice de Conteúdo
- 会う (au) – to meet, see, come across, face, come across something;
- 会うわせる - Make find (know), present;
- 会わす - Causative form of the verb 会う - to find
Words that start with 会
- 会 - Kai - Meeting, Club (Noun)
- 会議 - Kaigi - Conference, meeting
- 会話 - Kaiwa - Conversation
- 会員 - Kaiin - Member
- 会見 - Kaiken - Interview
- 会長 - Kaichō - President
Words ending with 会
- 社会 - Shakai - Society, community
- 宴会 - Enkai - Banquet
- 機会 - Kikai - Opportunity, chance, another time.
- 大会 - Taikai - Tournament, convention, big gathering
The artigo is still half finished, but we recommend opening it to read the following later:
Words Related to places
Kanji 会 has several words related to locations:
- 会社 - Kaisha - Company; corporation / workplace
- 教会 - Kyōkai - Church
- 会堂 - Kaidō - Synagogue; chapel; church; tabernacle
- 議会 - Gikai - Congress; parliament
- 会館 - Kaikan - Meeting room
- 都会 - Tokai - City
- 学会 - Gakai - Academy, Society
社会 (Shakai) means society, but if we just reverse the kanji we create 会社 (Kaisha) which means company or company.
- 会を脱退する - Kai o dattai suru - He will leave the meeting
- 会を抜ける - kai o nukeru - Leave the Club
- 来月お会いしましょう. - Raigetsu o ai shimashou. - See you next month.
- 明日会社でね - Ashita kaishade ne - See you tomorrow at the office.
The best way to memorize kanji is to read as much content as possible. We recommend creating sentences using the verb 会う or some of the words discussed in this article. As an exercise, you can comment on a sentence to help you and other students.