In all anime we come across phrases or quotes that impact in different ways both in the anime and in the viewer. In this one we will share some of those popular Japanese anime phrases.
In addition to the article, we have a complement video in Portuguese:
You finally looked at me - Quote from Tagaki San
The phrase we are going to study now belongs to the anime Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san. The phrase in question is you finally looked at me:
やっとこっち向いた。 yatto kocchi muita. Você finalmente olhou para mim
- やっと -Finally; Lastly; almost; only;
- こっち - Here; Here; how the pronoun refers to me or me;
- 向いた - Verb [向く] which means to turn in the direction; look; to lean;
“You can become a hero” - All Might's phrase
The following sentence is in the memories and memories of the protagonist Deku all the time, when his greatest Hero All Might looked at him and said: You can become a hero!
君はヒーローになれる。 kimi wa hīrō ni nareru. you can become a hero.
- 君 - You;
- ヒーロー - Hero;
- になれる - It can become something, a potential form of なる;
The kimi [君] used by All Might is commonly used affectionately by both men and women. In poems and songs, and to show romantic feelings. In the case of All Might, kimi is also used by masters to their subordinates or apprentices.
You are light - Hunter x Hunter's Killua phrase
One of the most interesting phrases that Killua says the Gon is: You are light. Sometimes you are too bright to look directly, but can I still stand by you? Ready to understand that sentence?
お前は光だ。ときどきまぶしすぎてまっすぐ見られないけど、それでもお前のそばにいていいかな ma Omae wa hik tokidoki mabushisugite massugu mirarenai kedo, soredemo omae no soba ni ite ii kana? You are light. Sometimes you are too bright to look directly, but can I still stand by you?
- お前 - You; in front of me;
- 光 - light;
- ときどき – Sometimes;
- まぶしすぎてまっすぐ見られない - I can't see right because it is very clear;
- けど - “but” in a casual way;
- それでも - even so; even so;
- お前の - Yours;
- そばに - By your side; near to you;
- いい - Everything is fine; no problems;
Kaito Kid quote Detective Conan
The sentence we will examine next was mentioned by Kaito Kid, an iconic character from Detective Conan. The sentence in question is:
泥棒は盗むのが商売、たとえそれが人の心だとしてもね。 Dorobō wa nusumu no ga shōbai, tatoe sore ga hito no kokoro demo ne. Stealing is what thieves do best, even if it's a person's heart. =
- 泥棒 - Thief; assailant;
- 盗む - Steal;
- 商売 - Commerce; the business; occupation;
- たとえ - Example;
- それが - That one; that; good; yea; as a matter of fact;
- 人 - Person;
- 心 - Heart
- だと - If applicable;
Escanor's phrase “I decide.”
Now let’s study a sentence from Nanatsu no Taizai:
kimeru no wa ware da.
- 決める - Decide;
- の - Particular possession;
- 我だ - It’s me;
In the name of the Moon, I will punish you! - Sailor Moon phrase
Now let’s study a Sailor Moon quote mentioned by Usagi:
tsuki ni kawatte oshioki yo!
In the name of the Moon, I will punish you!
- 月 - Moon; Month;
- に代わって - In the name of;
- 仕置きよ - Execution; Punishment; Beating;
Phrase of Taki and Mitsuha - Kimi no namae wa
Now let’s study the phrase and kind of title of the iconic film Kimi no na wa, at the end of the anime when they speak kimi no namae wa… Or literally His name is…?
kimi no namae wa…
Your name is…
- 君 - You;
- 君の - Yours;
- 名前 - Name;
- は - Particle; It’s…
The title of the name is the same, but they abbreviate namae [名前] to na [名] which still means name ...
I will love you forever - Itachi quote
Now let’s study the sentence I will love you forever of Naruto Itachi:
俺ののomae ga korekara dō narō to, pray wa omae o zutto aishiteiru. You never have to forgive me. No matter what you decide to do from now on, I will love you forever.
- Masculina - Male, informal and rude way of saying I;
- こと - About, to understand more read our koto article;
- ずっと - For a long time; from the beginning; since always;
- 許さ - Forgive; to approve; to allow;
- なくいい - No need;
- いい - All right;
- お前 - You; lit in front of me;
- これから - From now on;
- なろう - Change;
- 俺 - Me;
- お前 - You;
- ずっと - Always;
- 愛している - Love;
Read our article: Naruto Quotes.
Onizuka phrase - GTO
Now let’s study Onizuka Sensei’s phrase from Great Teacher Onizuka:
Gaki wa gaki rashiku yo, nikātto waratte ikō ya.
Children should smile as they always do.
- ガキ - brat; kid;
- らしく - looking like; Appearing; appropriately;
- ニカーッ - Slang meaning broad smile derived from niko;
- 笑って - Smile; laugh;
- いこう - You should be doing something;
I will constantly update this article with new phrases, so don't forget to come back here! We appreciate comments and shares ...