Shokugeki no souma (食戟のソーマ) is a manga series written by Yūto Tsukuda and illustrated by Shun Saeki, having its releases through Shueisha magazine, but its individual chapters are released through Weekly Shōnen Jump, currently having 16 volumes and a series of anime with 24 episodes, already having date predicted for the second season.
Synopsis: Shokugeki no Sōma tells the story of a boy named Sōma Yukihira, whose dream is to become a full-time chef at his father's restaurant and overcome his father's culinary skills. But as soon as Sōma graduated from high school, his father, Jōichirō Yukihira, closed the restaurant to cook in America. However, Soma's fighting spirit is rekindled by a challenge from Jōichirō who: survive in an elite culinary school, where less than 10% of students graduate. Can Sōma survive?
As the synopsis reports, the manga talks about cooking, but it’s not that boring thing to see, it’s cool, fun and with very peculiar themes, like a little ecchi and exciting battles.
And with that there are several mouth-watering recipes, and that gives you the immense desire to taste, and precisely for that reason we will make a series of articles with some of these recipes, I look forward to hearing you say how good it was.
Apple Risotto Recipe
- 80g Arborio rice
- 40g onion
- 30g butter
- 20g of Parmesan cheese
- 10ml Sake
- 600ml of apple juice
- 2/4 of an apple (preferably a red apple)
- 2 bacon slices
- Italian parsley
- black pepper
- 1. Chop the onion and parsley
- 2. Cut the apple and dip it in the water;
- 3. Heat the apple juice;
- 4. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, then sauté the onion and rice;
- 5. Add the Sake and cook it;
- 6. Add a scoop of apple juice, stir and cook, when a sticky alloy is obtained and there is no liquid, add
- another scoop of apple juice again;
- 7. Repeat the process 6 times until the rice cooks;
- 8. When the rice is almost cooked, add the apple and let it cook together with the rice;
- 9. Grate the cheese and mix with the rice;
- 10. Cook the bacon as you see fit;
- 11. After being served on a plate, you can only decorate the risotto with bacon and parsley on top;
We leave a video below in English to help you prepare: