Maybe you've heard of this anime, or, maybe not. Sazae-san (サザエさん) has more than 7500 episodes and is considered the longest animation in the world. Even having the official recognition of the Guinness World Records.
The anime is an adaptation of the manga by Machiko Hasegawa and debuted on TV in October 1969. But it had its first appearance in comic strips in the newspaper, on April 22, 1946.
Although little known here on the western side, anime is quite famous in Japan. It is considered one of the main programs of Japanese families. And it has always maintained an excellent audience, having the highest recorded in 1990.
What will be the secret of such success even after many years? Let's get to know a little about the history of this anime.
Sazae-san's story and her ffriend
The anime tells the daily life of Sazae, a family mother who lives with his parents. He portrayed himself very well as a family after World War II. She was then a woman who struggled with her family to overcome the effects post-war and survive the influences of the American occupation.
But everything is portrayed in a light and comical way. Even if I don't try characters or scenarios well worked, it conveys a beautiful message to society.
Unlike the traditional, not to big eyes, or epic struggles, or cliché novels. But since his first comic strip, Sazae-san has directly addressed the issue of women in society.
The episodes are short and they also often show the daily side of Japan. Things like taking care of children, getting along with neighbors, working for a regular salary, keeping the house tidy, are portrayed in this work.
The characters of Sazae-San
- Sazae Fuguta = The protagonist of the story;
- Masuo Fuguta = After marrying Sazae, he moved with his family;
- Tarao Fuguta = He is the son of Sazae and Masuo;
- Namihei Isomo = He is Sazae's father and patriarch of the family;
- Fune Isomo = It is the mother of Sazae;
- Katsuo Isomo = Sazae's malicious little brother. He likes to play baseball;
- Isak Wakame = She is the younger sister of Sazae, a very kind and kind girl;
- Tama = The family's pet cat;
Some curiosities about Sazae-san
The creator of the story said that her inspiration for the characters came when she was walking on the beach. So much so that the names of the characters are derived from things related to the sea, even marine animals.
Sazae is a type of seafood and all members of your family have unusual names for seafood. Fune (Boat), Katsuo (Bonito) and Tara (Gadidae). It may seem unusual, but many of these names are frequent and popular.
- The opening and closing music are the same since the first episode;
- The work was so successful that, in addition to the anime adaptation, it also had adaptations for radio soap operas, even with real actors;
- Machiko Hasegawa is considered by many to be the “great mother of mangoes”;
Unfortunately this anime is not easily found with subtitles in Portuguese. This is strange, the most popular anime in Japan is not successful in the West, it happens to others like Detective Conan and Uchuu Kyoudai who was wronged for his graphics or history.
Sazae San syndrome - Usually Sazae-san it is shown on Sundays from 6:30 am to 7 pm since its debut in 1969. When the anime ends, some Japanese people are depressed because this indicates that the weekend is over, and that the next day they need to get back to work routine.
Did you already know the Sazae-san anime? We appreciate comments and shares. We also recommend reading: