In this article, we will examine the price of some products found in Japanese markets. However the products that we will see in this article are found in small town markets, which are usually much cheaper than in cities like Tokyo and provincial capitals. The photos and prices that we are going to examine here were from a small market in Shiga Prefecture, I cannot determine the name and location.
The visit to the small market took place in October in late summer and early autumn. It is important to know this because the prices of vegetables and fruits vary according to the season. Prices will be converted to the daily rate 03/29/2017 - 100 yen = 2.82 reais.
Prices of Fruits, Vegetables and Legumes
In the image below you can follow in detail the prices of each product, but we will quote and compare the value of some.
- トマト - 2 Tomatoes - 29 yen - 81 cents;
- ミニトマト - Small tomatoes tray with 7 - 238 yen - R$ 6.72;
- レタス - Lettuce - 238 yen - R$ 6.72;
- 4 Large apples - 350 yen - R$ 9.88;
- アボカド - Avocado - 98 yen - R$ 2.15;
- カイワレ - Radish sprouts - 38 yen - R$ 1.07;
- オクラ - Okra - 58 yen / 78 yen - R$ 1.63 / 2.20;
- オレンジ - Orange Bag - About 200 yen -R$ 5.66;
- みょうが - Ginger - 118 yen - R$ 3.33;
Now moving on to the second photo, seeing a little more vegetables:
- にんに - Garlic Bag - 580 yen - R$ 16.40;
- 3 Garlics - 158 yen - R$ 4.46;
- エリンギ - Mushroom - 98 yen - R$ 2.15;
- ピーメン - Chili - 98 yen - R$ 2.15;
- 100g Onions - 20 yen - R$ 0.56;
- Onion Sack - 198 yen - R$ 5.60;
- したけ - Mushroom - 198 yen - R$ 5.60;
- 3 Carrots - 40 yen - R$ 1.13;
- Eggplant - 198 yen and 250 yen - R$ - 5.60 and 7.06;
In the market I also found the price of some meats that varied between 250 to 600 yen a tray. I also noticed several other products that the native Japanese who lived in Kyoto and Osaka they said it was very cheap. This shows that it is possible to find things at a good price, just walk and search. I regret not taking more pictures of this market, in the future we intend to analyze more prices.
Do you live in Japan? Where do you usually shop? What price range do you pay for the fruits and vegetables we found in this article? If you want to leave tips on where and how to make purchases, just leave it in the comments.