Today we're going to talk about anime, and I chose my favorite anime which is a little unknown and ignored by Brazilians but which has a great success in Japan, the famous Detective Conan.
Detective Conan is a manga and anime, written and illustrated by Gosho Aoyama, the manga has been published in the weekly magazine Shōnen Sunday since 1994 totaling more than 80 volumes. Anime was released in 1996 and is approaching 800 episodes and 20 films without mentioning OVAs and specials.
Detective is an anime for the whole family (even my mom watches), very popular in Japan and even exceeds One Piece in the weekly audience ranking.
Detective Conan shows the story of a high school student and detective named Kudo Shinichi, who, being in the amusement park with his childhood friend Ran Mouri, witnesses a suspicious transaction by 2 men in black.
He ends up being caught and poisoned with a drug called APTX 4869 and ends up becoming a child. To keep his identity a secret and find the organization responsible for the drug, he adopts the pseudonym of Edogawa Conan and goes to live at the home of his childhood friend Ran Mouri, with whom he is in love and whose father is also a detective.
To the point the series packs, countless crimes and cases are solved in secret by Conan while detective Mouri Kogoro receives all the credits.
I put a very short synopsis to avoid spoilers.
I am not used to watching old anime. But Detective Conan hooked me in a strange way, I started seeing a Live Action that isn't even good, and then I got to know the anime. I used to watch it at lunch on the tube television in my room, since the resolution of the anime fit perfectly, the less I hope I was already in episode 200 and my mother was watching.
All the characters were interesting, although all the episodes have a different crime, there is a great timeline and main story in the plot, which is the black organization. Not to mention other cameos from characters from the city of Osaka and a famous jewel thief known as Kaito Kid.
Anime shows a bit of Japanese intelligence when it comes to crimes, and shows the work of the police and detectives, we ended up seeing several relationships, controversial, betrayals, regrets, romances and a lot of comedy. Not to mention that thanks to the anime I got to know a lot about the culture and cities of Japan.
The soundtrack blends perfectly with anime, the theme of Conan has already become something nostalgic, its openings and closings have already passed 100. Singers like Mai Kuraki are famous for making several openings and closings of the anime.
People can look at the anime, look at the old graphic and think that the anime is childish. I doubt that children can understand all the complexity of Detective Conan. If you are not used to watching an anime because it is old and with bad graphics and frames, it is better
Kill himself watch a recent movie so you can get to know the anime style better.
I agree that there are many factors and clichés that discourage people from watching Detective Conan, as I see these things as an anime charm.
- It's very strange how Conan uses Mouri to solve cases. He just puts Mouri to sleep and talks using a tie that changes his voice ... how does anyone notice?
- Anime is approaching 800 episodes, 20 years have passed for Detective Conan, technologies have appeared in the anime, and Conan remains a child in the same school and class as his classmates. Numerous cases have already been solved and still haven't and 3 months have passed?
- The ease of facing murders and crimes, so much so that now the Mouri Kogoro he is known for bringing bad luck, for always being at a crime scene;
- I can't see a need for Conan to hide his true identity from Ran Mouri. And I have no idea how she hasn't found out after all;
- The way he recovers his body and returns to being a child countless times is kind of unrealistic and bizarre;
Why can't these clichés and unrealities discourage us? Have you seen any realistic 100% anime? Does an anime really need to be very good? (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
- In the United States anime is known by the name of Case Closed (closed case);
- The first film was dubbed into Portuguese and 26 episodes were dubbed into Portuguese from Portugal;
- Anime has a crossover with the classic Lupine III, having 2 films;
- The Villain and secondary character of Detective Conan, Kaito Kid has his own Spin Off;
- There are 3 live action films and series in Detective Conan's Dorama;
- People often call One Piece a big anime, remembering that Detective Conan has more episodes;
I can not understand the problem of Brazilians in abandoning this great work, I can not watch all 700 episodes of Detective Conan because no fansub subtitles. Those who say they are otaku totally ignore this classic, it is not the first time, the same thing happened with the anime Uchuu Kyoudai, another success in Japan that was ignored by the Brazilians. Currently we have 2 fansub that subtitle, The Southern League and the Silver Bullet, we have many episodes subtitled, including the new 600+ episodes, unfortunately there are gaps to be filled.
Do not be discouraged from watching Detective Conan for missing some subtitled episodes, the anime usually divide crimes into 1.2 and sometimes 3 episodes, and does not usually have connections. The first 200 episodes are essential to get to know the characters. And as I said before, the anime follows a main line and story.
I think the best way to get to know anime is to watch it, but I leave here my favorite favorite work, so you can get to know it.
Is that you? Do you know this masterpiece? What do you think? Share your opinion with us.
Before we finish, watch some videos and trailers, of movies or parts of the anime to get your attention a little, and that you can hear the anime theme.