Released in the year 1999, One Piece is still an anime that is among the taste of otaku culture. Who hasn't even heard of this anime, right? The manga had its release on July 19, 1997 and is still in production today. The One Piece manga already collects a total of 100 volumes.
O manga was written and illustrated by Eiichiro Oda and printed by Jump Comics. The anime was released 2 years after the manga. The direction varies widely between certain arcs, but the main one is Kônosuke Uda. The script is by Junki Takegami and Hirohiko Ueaka. The responsible studio is Toei Animation.
In the story, the protagonist Luffy sails with his crew in order to find a treasure called One Piece that can make him the new king of pirates. Luffy started his journey alone, but ended up looking for very different people to be part of the Straw Hat Pirates. In this article we will see more details of the anime such as the guide, trivia and lists of arcs from One Piece.
One Piece Sagas and Arches
PART 1 – Sea of Survival: Supernovas Saga
1. East Blue Saga (1999 – 2001)
- Arch Romance Dawn (or Captain Morgan's Arch): episodes 1 to 4;
- Arch Orange Town (or Buggy the Clown Bow): episodes 5 to 8;
- Arch Village Syrup: episodes 9 to 18;
- Arch Baratie: episodes 19 to 30;
- Arch Arlong Park: episodes 31 to 44;
- Arch Bunch Buggy: After Battle!: episodes 46 and 47;
- Arch Loguetown: episodes 45 and 48 to 53;
- Arch Ancient dragon: episodes 54 to 61 (filler bow)
This saga is the first of One Piece, and it starts talking about the protagonist Luffy who is actually Monkey D. Luffy. He accidentally ate the Devil Fruit and that's how he gained his rubber skills. The series' name is One Piece because of the treasure that many want to find, including Luffy himself.
Even without knowing how to swim he decides to go in search of his dream by gathering people to form his team of pirates, the Straw Hat Pirates. And it is during this search that adventures arise.
2. alabaster saga (2001 – 2002)
- Arch Reverse Mountain: episodes 62 and 63;
- Arch Whiskey Peak: episodes 64 to 67;
- Arch Coby and Helmeppo: episodes 68 and 69;
- Arch Little Garden: episodes 70 to 77;
- Arch Drum Island: episodes 78 to 91;
- Arch alabaster: episodes 92 to 130;
- Arch Post-Alabastan: episodes 131 to 135 (filler bow);
In this saga the crew is formed, the Straw Hat Pirates are already officers. The team aims to enter the Grand Line, the region of the ocean considered the most dangerous also called the "pirate graveyard". Luffy stands in front of the navigation device called the Log Pose. On this journey they will stop at Whiskey Peak Island. Although this place is known for being very welcoming, the pirates realize that there are many secrets behind it.
The next island is Little Garden, where plataforms, prehistoric animals and two giants live. On this island they end up fighting a lot. Then they go to the third island, Drum Island, where they look for someone to help Nami who is sick. They fight with others and pirates and join the team the doctor Tony Tony.
3. Skypiea Saga (2002 – 2004)
- Arch Isle of Sheep: episodes 136 to 138 (filler bow);
- Arch rainbow mist: episodes 139 to 143 (filler bow);
- Arch jaya: episodes 144 to 152;
- Arch skypiea: episodes 153 to 195;
- Arch G-8: episodes 196 to 206 (filler bow)
This is the saga with the most filler arc, at the beginning and at the end! The Straw Hats' first destination is to land on an island full of sheep. They also help a man fleeing from a chase. In the escape they go to Ruluka Island, which has a dictator. In addition to fighting the dictator they have to fight for survival with rainbow mist, a mist that opens a portal.
They later meet Nico Robin, a new member of the team. The Straw Hats try to solve the mystery of the boat that fell from the sky and a map that shows a city called Skypiea. They also come into confrontation with the pirates of Masira. The crew will end up on Jaya Island.
4. Saga Water 7 (2004 – 2007)
- Arch Davy Back Fight (or Long Ring Long Land Bow): episodes 207 to 219;
- Arch dream of the ocean: episodes 220 to 224 (filler arc);
- Arch Foxy's return: episodes 225 and 226 (semi-filler bow);
- Arch Water 7: episodes 227 to 265;
- Arch Enies Lobby: episodes 266 to 312;
- Arch Post-Enies Lobby: episodes 313 to 325;
The Davy Back Fight arc was the first in the Adult Swim version (channel for young people and adults that is usually scheduled from night to morning). The Straw Hats have a dispute with the Foxy Pirates in Davy Back Fight. In the two filler arcs of the saga, Luffy's crew reunites with Foxy, Porche and Hamburg. A fight begins and Aokiji returns.
The Straw Hats arrive on Water 7 Island, where the crew clashes with the dangerous CP9 organization and marks many twists and turns in the series. They later team up with Sogeking, the Franky Family and Galley-La Company shipowners to rescue Nico Robin and Franky. For this mission they even rely on CP9 and Luffy declares war on the government.
5. Thriller Bark Saga (2007 – 2009)
- Arch lovely earth: episodes 326 to 336 (filler bow);
- Arch Thriller Bark: episodes 337 to 381;
- Arch island spa: episodes 382 to 384 (filler bow);
This is one of the shortest sagas, with only 3 arcs. In this phase Franky is part of the crew, the Straw Hats travel through the Florian Triangle and end up on the ghost island "Thriller Bark". There the crew have their shadows stolen by the Sea Warlord Gecko Moria, and they only have until sunset to retrieve them.
The group ends up enlisting the help of Brook, a living skeleton who helps them fight the Oars, giant creatures that Moria brings back to life. And Brook joins the Straw Hats crew.
6. Marineford War Saga (2009 – 2011)
- Arch Sabaody Archipelago: episodes 385 to 407;
- Arch Amazon Lily: episodes 408 to 421;
- Arch Impel Down: episodes 422 to 425;
- Arch East Blue: episodes 426 to 429; (filler bow)
- Arch Impel Down: episodes 430 to 456 (post-filler continuation);
- Arch Marineford: episodes 457 to 489;
- Arch Post-Marineford: episodes 490 to 516;
The saga begins with the Straw Hats visiting the tenth island of the Grand Line, called the Sabaody Archipelago. On this island they have to face opponents and the Eleven Supernova pirates. They end up being defeated by enemies like Admiral Kizaru, the Pacifista, Bartholomew Kum and Sentomaru.
Luffy goes to Amazon Lily Island, an island all women who kill men when they appear. The other members of Straw Chaéu are separated and end up elsewhere. Luffy needs to gather the entire crew again and still save his brother Ace from the underwater prison.
Luffy fails to arrive in time, Ace has been transferred to Navy headquarters. To rescue him, he flees Impel Down in the company of Jinbe, Emporio Ivankov, Crocodile, Mr. 1, Mr. 3, Buggy and Inazuma to find Ace. The war is getting ready with the dangerous confrontation between the titanic powers of the protagonist, the Navy, Whitebeard and the other pirates who try to overthrow the Emperor.
PART 2 – The Final Sea: The Saga of the New World
7. Fish Men Island Saga (2011 – 2012)
- Arch Return to Sabaody: episodes 517 to 522;
- Arch Fishman Island: episodes 523 to 574;
This saga is the one with the shortest arc, only two. This part takes place two after the Marineford War, a lot of things have changed during that period. Luffy costs 400,000,000 due to crimes committed against marines. The Straw Hat Pirates spent this period in training, so they came back stronger and with greater mastery of their skills.
The Straw Hats go to Fishman Island, pursued by the Caribou Pirates. And as if that weren't enough they must face the inhabitants of the new island and save the island from another danger. They manage to reach the New World where they find illegal experiments in Doctor Vegapunk's laboratory. Luffy discovers a conspiracy on the Island of Dressrosa.
8. Pirate Alliance Saga (2012 – 2016)
- Arch Z's ambition: episodes 575 to 578 (filler bow)
- Arch Punk Hazard: episodes 579 to 625;
- Arch Recovering Caesar: episodes 626 to 628 (filler bow);
- Arch dressrosa: episodes 629 to 746;
- Arch silver mines: episodes 747 to 750 (filler bow);
In the New World the Straw Hats face the Navy and the New Navy, in which they clash. Crew members receive a call for help from Punk Hazard Island from a group who are suffering from samurai. They head to the island and are chased by Vice Admiral Smoker.
They go to a place that is also home to one of Doctor Vegapunk's laboratories, and some enemies have carried out experiments that could have disastrous results. The Eleven Supernovas group causes a stir in the New World, being considered the “Worst Generation” of pirates.
9. Yonkou Saga (2016 – present)
- Arch Zou: episodes 751 to 779;
- Arch Supernova Navy: episodes 780 to 782 (filler bow);
- Arch whole cake: episodes 783 to 877;
- Arch Reverie: episodes 878 to 889;
- Arch country of wano: episodes 890 to 894
- Arch King of Carbonic Acid: episodes 895 and 896
- Arch country of wano (continued): episodes 897 to 906
- Arc/Episode Dawn of Romance: episode 907 (filler episode)
- Arch country of wano (continued): episodes 908 to 995 (currently)
The connection is with the film One Oiece film: Gold. Show the events after the defeat of Doflamingos. The Straw Hats, Trafalgar Law, Kin'emon and Kanjuro go to Zou Island (one of the islands of the New World). The island is surrounded by Pirate Beasts.
Luffy, Nami, Tony Tony Chopper, Brook, and the Pekoms head to Whole Cake Island. The group tries to rescue Sanji and save him from his arranged marriage to Charlotte. The party has yet to defeat the Great Mother of the Four Emperors.
The reward for Luffy goes to 1,500,000,000. The Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance recruits allies in Wano Country to free the nation from the control of shogun Kurozumi Orochi, Emperor Kaido and his crew, and the Pirate Beasts. But, the group still has to deal with The Great Mother Pirates, who followed them to Wano Country in search of revenge. The Great Mother decides to form an alliance with Kaido to conquer the world.
10 Fun Facts About One Piece
2 – Luffy's nationality is Brazilian;
3 – The creator of One Piece wanted to be Mangaka since I was 4 years old because I didn't want to have a “real job”;
4 – It was planned that Sanji's name would be Naruto;
5. Tony Tony Chopper was originally designed with a more realistic reindeer appearance and carrying a sword;
6 – Eiichiro Oda gets emotional whenever he writes a sad scene;
7 – The goal was for One Piece to last only 5 years and not 22 years;
8 – Boa Hancock is in love with Luffy. Her name is inspired by Thomas Hancock, the inventor of the rubber band, and Luffy has the power to stretch her body parts;
9 – In 1997, One Piece appeared for the first time in Shonen Jump magazine and in a short time it became one of the most popular mangas in Japan;
10 – Sanji who in the original version is always smoking and in the censored version his cigarettes were replaced by lollipops. This censorship happened so that the anime was broadcast on children's channels.
Are you a fan of the Straw Hat Pirates?