Japan is known for a lot of things. Including “Engrish”. If you’re asking yourself right now “WTF is Engrish, dude?”, I’ll explain…
“Engrish” is nothing more than the attempt at writing (or even speaking) English in a horrendous and sometimes abhorrent way. It’s when Japanese (or any other Asian) write or speak English with grotesque grammar errors.
However, most of these attempts at English language are mostly for fashion. Japanese people usually use some English words in clothes, propaganda and media just for the sake of “style”. For that reason, most English words or phrases are either gramatically incorrect or mean jack shit.
Below, you’ll see a compilation of the best moments at English attempt. Enjoy.
1. Toyota uses “Engrish” as marketing strategy
2. “Images are hopefully in your head…”
3. A place where you can buy and get sick
4. “The concerned person only”
5. “Today is under construction…”
6. Bathroom tips
7. Rape your food
8. A sport I never heard of
9. When they ask how your good your English skills are
10. Uh… What?
11. Ninja Monkeys
12. Useful for an emergency situation
13. Grammar reform
14. Prohibited for morons
15. “Engrish” at its finest…
That’s it for today, folks. I hope you have enjoyed and not stabbed your eyes with a scissors while witnessing those attempts at English. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends.
See you next time!